Keywords SEO has changed under Google Instant. There is no other words to describe it – other than you need to adapt your keyword research methodology immediately. Or shall I say, “Instantly?”
Google Instant now is the default web browsing mode for all Google users, and according to anyone’s standard, that means the largest search engine just moved the goal posts for keywords SEO. What does this mean for those online for profit?
If you are into e-commerce of any sort, be it AdSense or affiliate marketing, or an online store for a local business, your keyword research software needs a massive update, immediately. Depending on the volume of business you conduct online, if you do not get the proper software for keyword researching, you’ll waste a lot of time and money optimizing your pages for keywords that don’t mean a hill of beans.
At this point, you want to know if the gig is up – what’s the big to-do about Google Instant, and how does it change keyword SEO?
1. Google now will suggest to visitors real-time suggestions in the main browser. With every letter typed, Google will now guess at what the search query is going to be. That’s not all, however.
2. With every letter typed, you will see a light gray silhouette of your suggested search. Hit the down arrow or forward arrow to select the suggested “guess” from Instant – and you’re off to the races.
3. When a searcher keeps typing, the SERPs change as well – and the drop down menu of “Suggest” (another technology related to “Instant”) will populate in the most searched-for terms. This drop down menu will push down the first listing in the SERPs, underneath the first sponsored listing.
This means you had better make sure you are in the top 1 or 2 spots – otherwise you are now below the fold.
It also means you need to be targeting the top words that Google Instant will suggest to visitors. Otherwise your keywords SEO meant little to nothing. It is now imperative that your keywords SEO focuses on the suggested keywords, and that you rank your website as high as possible.
There are three elements that are vital to your website’s performance from an SEO perspective:
1. On-page optimization, using proper keywords SEO.
2. Selecting the keywords SEO tools that will enable you to mine these precious keywords.
3. Getting backlinks, high quality backlinks, to your website, using the keywords Google literally spoon feeds your searching public.
Google Instant made your job as an SEO that much more vital. It all begins with the proper keywords SEO.